Shephalbury Park Core Offer – Nursery for 2017 – 2018
30 Hours Free Childcare
1. What is 30 hours Free Childcare?
This is a new entitlement for working parents of 3 and 4 year old children which will be introduced in September 2017. This is an additional 15 hours per week entitlement in addition to the child’s existing 15 hour free early education place.
This whole new entitlement of 30 hours free childcare can be offered term time only (over 38 weeks) or can be stretched across the whole year to meet parental needs.
2. Who is eligible for 30 Hours Free Childcare?
- *All parents in the household work at least 16 hours a week and earn at least £107 per week up to a maximum salary of £100, 000 per parent in the household.
- Self employed parents and parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible if they meet the average earnings criteria.
- 1 parent is employed and 1 parent is disabled or incapacitated, based on receipt of specific benefits 1 parent is employed and 1 parent has substantial caring responsibilities, based on specific benefits received for caring.
- Both parents are employed but 1 or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- Both parents are employed but 1 or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay.
- For up to date information on eligibility please visit http://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/parents
From September 2017 , Shephalbury Park will be offering 30 hour funding
- The hours will be 8:50- 3:00pm which equates to 6 hours 10 mins each day and over a week 30 hours 50 mins.
- A packed lunch will need to be provided by parents or purchased from school at a cost of £2.35 each day
- Milk will be provided in the morning session
- Fruit will be provided in the morning session
- Children will receive the same level of teaching and care as 15 hours
- Break out areas will be provided in the afternoon sessions, for children who still require naps/ rest time
- Nursery children can attend breakfast and after school club- fees apply the same as the rest of the school
- Children who are not eligible for 30 hour free funding can still attend the afternoon session but at an additional cost
- 15 hour funded places are mornings only
- 30 hour funded places are morning and afternoons